>Catch Up

>I’ve been so crazy lately that I’m really far behind on the blog. Sorry about that. Really I am. I’d rather be living a life of complete leisure for sure! Finally some peace and quiet tonight. The dog is in the crate, the kid is in her bed (she slept in mine last night) and the husband is in Arkansas recovering from a long day of pig hunting. He got one.

I’ve decided there is just no WAY everything will EVER be caught up. Not the laundry, not the garden, not work, not the housecleaning, not anything. Forces just keep conspiring against me.

Thursday night as I was trying to organize my trashed out car for the next day of work and my now once a week trek into Springfield, I locked my keys in my car. Yes I have a spare (people have been regailing me with their spare key contingincy plans every since). The spare was conveniently in my purse. Which would have been just fine if my purse wasn’t also inside the locked car.

I called my boss who lives two minutes from the Blood Center and asked if he would break into the building op guys office to retrieve the spare for me. I was 8 pm of course so that meant a two hour ride into and back from town with the keys but Bryon was heading out to hunt the next morning and I just wanted everything back to normal asap. He said he was glad to help and would even drive to meet me somewhere…like Marshfield. I told him no way was I going to let him bring them all the way to Marshfield but I might meet him on the north side of town if he could. He called back 10 minutes later and had the spare keys and just as we were making plans to meet the weather alert radio went off with a tornado warning. Great. He said he didn’t mind and could head out but Bryon didn’t think I should go (he’s much smarter than I am) so I thanked David for his trouble and told him I’d figure something out for the morning.

We all got up at 6 am Friday morning and dropped Grace off at daycare and Bryon off at Grandpas and I headed into town all but naked of technology and identity: no phone, no debit card, no driver’s license…nothing. We went by the atm and got some cash with Bryon’s card and that was it.

It was weird day without any of my stuff. I ended up taking a half day and getting a massage. I was READY for a massage!

Then last night I was washing the throw rugs that Ruger CONTINUES to pee on in my house and the load got off balance and sounded like it was going to come through the laundry room wall. Grace freaked out. The next load I washed it wouldn’t spin out the water. Despite all my tricks I can’t get the damn thing to work so now I have wet stinking peed on laundry piling up on top of everything.

I gave up on Ruger at 8 pm tonight after about the 10th in house accident (last night he only had two..one on the training pad and one off) and put him in the crate in the garage. I pulled up every damn throw rug I have, shampooed the floors again and told Bryon the dog was done in the house until he grows up…whenever that is…the dog not Bryon. We can’t have one moment’s peace in the house with him bouncing off the furniture and us like a furry pinball and he can’t be trusted to roam around free outside because he’ll R-U-N-N-O-F-T. I actual sent him packing tonight at one point while Grace was playing outside sort of hoping he WOULDN’T come back. Grace started crying as soon as he was out of sight and figured he was lost forever. Nope. He came back. Back into the house. And peed.

It’s been a long night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s